Our Firm provides assistance in connection with all fiduciary services to our clients, ranging from the incorporation to the administration of the company.
Our team has vast expertise in drafting all necessary legal and corporate documentation as well as liaising with authorities and registry officials and submitting the necessary forms, while providing efficient and cost-effective incorporation services of Maltese companies. We actively thrive to assist clients in establishing tax efficient structures and making the right choice of company.
- Incorporation of Maltese Companies
- Advise on company type and structure;
- Tailor-made drafting of incorporation documents;
- Conducting all administrative procedures before the Registrar of Companies;
- Registration with the Tax and VAT authorities;
- Opening of bank accounts;
- Individual directorship and secretarial services through our individual officers if requested
- Legal and Tax Compliance assistance
- Provide guidance and assistance to shareholders, creditors in relation to liquidation and bankruptcy proceedings and other formalities in the winding up process of a company;
- Financial and Tax Services
- Preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of annual tax returns and filing within time limits as per statutory requirements;
- Advice on optimum tax structures;
- Assistance in the preparation of the Malta tax refund application, in terms of the Income Tax Management Act.
- Assistance with VAT registration including registration of Merchant Shipping Companies under the VAT leasing scheme, preparation of periodic VAT returns and liaising with VAT authorities
Why incorporate a Maltese Company?
- Efficient company set-up – same day incorporation, if all necessary documents are provided to the satisfaction of the Registrar.
- Confidentiality of the BO.
- Benefits arising from the features of the Island include:
- Member of the European Union;
- Member of the Euro Zone;
- A sound banking system;
- English being one of the two official languages;
- A democratic and stable government;
- A company registered in Malta is domiciled and resident in Malta by virtue of its incorporation and therefore taxable in Malta on a worldwide basis (income and capital gains) at the rate of 35%.
- Upon distribution of dividends to the shareholders, Malta grants various fiscal benefits;
- One main benefit is the full imputation system, under which dividends paid by a company resident in Malta carry a tax credit equal to the tax paid by the company on the profits out of which the dividends are paid;
- Shareholders are taxed on the gross dividend at the personal rates but are entitled to deduct the tax credit attaching to the dividend against their total income tax liability;
- The shareholder is entitled to claim a refund of the Malta tax on those profits. In this manner, double taxation upon both the company and the shareholders is avoided leading to the effective rate of tax works out at 0%/5%/10% based on the source income of the company distributing the dividend;
- No withholding taxes on dividends paid to beneficial owners irrespective of their residence and nationality.
- No withholding taxes on interests and royalties paid to non-resident beneficial owners.
- Malta does not have any Transfer Pricing and CFC legislation.